The academic programme of the Science Conclave comprises interdisciplinary platform discussions, lectures presented by the Nobel Laureates, addresses to questions relating to basic science research and application-oriented themes. This unique conference format contributes to the generation of new ideas, encourages personal contacts, INSPIRES scientific endeavors over and beyond the norm, and enables the critical examination of scientific questions from a new point of view and orientation.
An environment of Gurukul style of learning is adopted, whereby both formal and informal interactions take place so as to instill, counsel and give direction towards science education to the young inquisitive minds. To facilitate interactions with Nobel Scientists, sessions have been divided into two time-zones, complementary and supplementary to each other.The sessions consist of:
- Two 1-hour lectures from each Laureate & equivalent scientists
- One 30-minute lecture - each of other scientists
- Plenary Sessions -1200 to 1400 participants
- Total 36 lectures in 6 days
- 12 special lectures separate for INSPIRE & College groups
- 2 to 2.5 hour Interaction Sessions of Nobel Laureates & 3-5 scientists with subject groups of 100 to 150
- Informal interactions at Tea / Lunch Pandals
- Visit to Labs for INSPIRE Group . Organizing experiments & handons
- Sightseeing to City
- Poster / Model competition
- Star / Galaxy / Sky Watching through Special Telescopes
- Cultural Programs . Alternate Evenings
- Proposed Book / Technology Exhibitions
Pre lunch sessions comprise popular formal address by the Nobel Laureates about their work for the Nobel Prize, right from basics, challenges faced, important findings and the outcome with its final progress, to give the gathering an insight into the work already done in the specific areas in terms of research and development. The forenoon plenary sessions generally have mixed audience of about 1300 to 1500. Distinguished scientists like Nobel Prize winners would deliver two talks of one hour each - one on Semi popular motivational talk and the second a more domain oriented talk to this group. The other eminent scientists would generally have 30 minutes talks.
Post lunch sessions comprise informal get-togethers and discussions of participants with the Nobel Laureates where no limitations are set for the inquisitive questions to be asked. The interaction sessions have small domain specific audiences like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, and school students. These domain specific groups would have about 150 participants to facilitate interaction. Thus there will be a total of 8 to 10 interaction groups. Each of the Interaction sessions would have 3 to 5 scientists as speakers and they may initiate discussion on some topic or the other related to their area of work.
The interaction sessions, especially for the school children may also involve laboratory work, scientific demonstrations, and observing the sky for the stars etc. On alternate days, in the evenings, we plan cultural programs that showcase the rich and varied culture of India apart from providing soothing relaxation to guests.
Arrival of Participants : December 07, 2013
Start of Science Conclave : 09:00 AM December 08, 2013
Inauguration : Morning Session December 09, 2013
Close of Science Conclave : 05:30 PM on December 14, 2013
Duration of Sessions : 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM daily
Cultural Programs / Others : 07:30 PM to 09:00 PM on selected days
Sight Seeing to City and other
Places / sites of interest around : on selected days and timings (to be announced locally)
Departure of Participants : 08:00 PM on December 14, 2013 and afterwards
- Other Special Attractions for Young Participants
- Star / Sky Gazing through special Telescopes
- Essay Writing Competition on Science Themes
- Models / Prototype / Poster Presentations
- Book Fair / Exhibition etc.
(Timings only indicative, for actual timings please refer to final schedules at Venue)